problem changing SCSI cards on RedHat 6.2

Datawolf datawolf@ibm.net
Tue, 02 May 2000 13:36:05 -0700

Found it.  It's in my /boot/initrd.img file.

For those who don't know, you can set Linux up to mount a temporary file
system from initrd, which sets some things up before mounting the real
filesystem.  You can tell if you're using it by looking for an "initrd"
line in your /etc/lilo.conf.  It's just a compressed disk image, so to
crack it open, just do:
   (Probably on a copy, not the original)
   # mv initrd.img initrd.img.gz
   # mount -t ext2 -o loop initrd.img SOME_DIRECTORY      (It might be
fat instead of ext2, but usually not.)
Then you just go into the mounted filesystem, change what you want,
unmount it, copy it back to /etc/boot (making sure that if you changed
the name, you edit your lilo.conf to reflect it), and run /sbin/lilo
(regardless of whether you renamed it.

-BVG