Mail problems

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 23:43:44 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Mark R. Myers wrote:

> I'm not sure which entries you are talking about.
> I found those entries in /etc/postfix/main.cf

Ooops, yup. Sorry, forgot to mention which file :).

> I tried to edit the entries to show pamarq.com, or $pamarq.com, but to no
> avail.

$pamarq.com would certainly be incorrect.

On my machine $myhostname is my machine's name, $mydomain is my domain,
should be pamarq.com for you, and $mydestination is "$myhostname,
localhost.$mydomain, anothernameforthebox.$mydomain, $mydomain".

Do you have "myorigin = $mydomain"?

> I couldn't even get Pine to send e-mail any more.
> Why cannot there be simple programs with friendly GUIs?

Because you haven't written it yet ;-). Wietse certainly won't.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com                  www.excelco.com #