Name based Virtual Hosting

Don Harrop don@nis4u.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:56:09 -0700

Ok, I need a little help.  I'm trying to get name based virtual hosting
working with Apache.  According to the examples I found on apache.org the
virual entries in my httpd.conf are correct.  I do have the DNS server set
to point two seperate domains xx.yyy.com and uu.yyy.com to the same IP.
Some how it can't distinguish the name difference.  I think the default
server setup may be getting in the way.  It's not letting the virtual
entries do their routing to the different web site locations.  I'm using IE
5.0 and Netscape 4.5 to test it.  I think those browsers should be current
enough to do named virtual hosting..  Anyway, throw the dog a bone here. :-)

Don