Email plug meeting

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:42:31 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Diane Barrett wrote:

> This would be of great interest to me.  We are running qmail.  It ran fine
> for about 8mos. Now at lest once a week SMTP stops recognizing requests for
> 2-6hrs. then just starts working again.  I would be interested in hearing
> from anyone who can help resolve issue. Thanks.

Have you recently run out of space in any of your filesystems,
specifically /var? Are you getting any errors in your mail logs? What
happens when you telnet to port 25?

Have you tried restarting qmail during an outtage? One presumes you have,
but you iddn't say anything about what you've tried thus far.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com                  www.excelco.com #