Strange lpd problem

arson smith arsonsmith@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:48:11 GMT

Even more strangeness,  I worked a quick script
that would stop the lpd and kill all lpd demons
then start it back up and it would loop every
60 seconds.  this worked
for a while and I went to lunch.  when I returned
from lunch and started to check it again I turned
off my stop/start loop and checked the printing.  It
has been doing fine now for about an hour.  I don't
under stand this kind of flaky behaviour I could under
stand from windows but this is linux.  How strange...

Bill Warner