Linux:2, Cisco:1

Digital Wokan wokan@home.com
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 23:23:30 -0700

Well, in a mixed blessing kind of way, the Cisco router my employer
bought for future use in a VPN crapped out on us the other day.  An
upgraded IOS introduced me to an interesting ISDN bug they have.  And
their last attempt involved installing an IOS still in beta testing.  So
I dragged a 5x86-133 into work last night and put us back on the
Internet with good ol' Linux while the Cisco gets troubleshot.
Looks like this box, which was the predecessor to the Cisco, got it's
day in the sun again.  Maybe I can keep it in place.  Anyone out there
experienced with setting up VPN's between Linux boxes and Cisco
routers?  (Running 12.0.x IOS.)
Care to share the howtos and what to expect to deviate from said howtos?
(Oh, and Linux scores 2 because it was the first system to impress the
boss with sharing a single IP across a LAN instead of individual
dialups.  So 1 point for each time it's been in place.)
--
Digital Wokan
Tribal mage of the electronics age