removing devs

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 01:37:49 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Robert Ambrose wrote:

> Have you forced a fsck?

Sort of. The drive went south on me today. Thought it was gonna be the 2nd
Linux box I've ever lost, but e2fsck rescued it and now I can decommission
it instead :). Actually, I'm pretty certain I can do that with the other
one too...

> Special files can be removed just line any other file. {ls|ch}attr doesn't
> seem to apply to specials.

That's what I'd hoped, but it wasn't working. I'm pretty certain that if I
bounce the drive off the sidewalk a few times they'll be gone :).

danke,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com                  www.excelco.com #