Web development

John Kloian III john@wiredglobal.net
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 22:34:21 -0700 (MST)

Most residential DSL providers use a bridge as opposed to an actual DSL
router.  For instance Covad gives one static IP and a bridge for their 384
or 768k DSL residential service.  All the business grade stuff uses a
router.

To answer your second question, Yes.  It is called IP aliasing.  It needs
to me activated in the kernel.  If it is running you can do things like
ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.0.x ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.1.x and so one.

John Kloian III
Vice President 			         Wired Global Communications, Inc.
Phone:  602.674.9900 ext. 103	 "Specializing in Open Source Network Solutions"
Fax:    602.674.8725       	            http://www.wiredglobal.net