OT: Security --> Paranoia

Jim W farli@wiredglobal.com
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:17:37 -0700

Just after reading the posts about those two machines being rooted, I saw an
ad for On-Star.  Perhaps because I was thinking about the cracks, my mind
wandered like this...first they put devices in cars so that they can 'help'
you, even going so far as to know who you are and where you are... next they
offer to embed these 'devices' in your child, just so that you can be able
to locate the child should he/she become lost/kidnapped...eventually we live
in a country where Big Brother knows where every one of its subjects is at
all times.

The fact that this device is available from a corporation (GM, to be
specific) worries me even more.  This is supposed to be a government of, by,
and for the people but it is looking an awful lot like a government of, by,
and for the corporations lately.

Jim
ICQ9460467
the future is now