Help - X does not start. Error messages cryptic

sinck@corp.quepasa.com sinck@corp.quepasa.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:46:14 -0700 (MST)

\_ Upon each following reboot and attempt to boot X:
\_
\_ #startx
\_ execve failed for /etc/X11/X (errno 2)
\_ _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect:  errno = 111
\_ giving up
\_ xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connecct to X server
\_ xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.
\_
\_ What does this mean, and what can I do to fix it?

I'd guess that there is already an xserver running there or that X
failed to fire cleanly.  I *believe* the process runs something like:

% startx
  --- fires up X server
  --- runs through a startup script *or* throws an Xterm

David