PPP question

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 08:15:38 -0700

I made a new script under /etc/ppp/ip-up.d and it doesn't seem to be
getting called.  Everything looks like it should work... permissions,
/etc/ppp/ip-up calls run-parts, if I do run-parts --test /etc/ppp/ip-up.d
it shows me that it should execute my new script.

My dad's system dials into mine whenever it needs to access the 'net.
It's been doing it way too often for no apparent reason.  So I was just
wanting to automatically run tcpdump and log the first few dozen packets
into a logfile so I can get a clue what it's trying to do.  I managed to
be quick on the keyboard when I heard the connect tones, and maybe if
I was lucky didn't miss anything...  but I'd like to know why these
scripts aren't working.

So far it looks like it dialed in in order to do a silly DNS query that
the named on his end should have already known the answer to, so I'm going
to go figure out why that is.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org