rsh, rlogin, rcp question

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 00:56:28 -0700 (MST)

Am 27. Jul, 2000 schwäzte Mike Cantrell so:

> SCO doesn't have rsh the way we think of it (it uses rcmd instead). rsh in
> SCO is a restricted shell (ugh... sucks huh?). That's probably the cause
> of the confusion.
>
> The real answer is that you shouldn't be using rcmd's or rsh. You should

What's rcmd? Is it doing the rsh thing? On at least one other OS where rsh
was restricted shell there was remsh, which was doing the rsh thing, e.g.

linux-box$ rsh other-box ps

other-box$ remsh linux-box ps

> go get openssh or secure shell and starting using ssh and scp's instead
> (since you're concerned about security).

That, of course, is the better option. Are any of the sshes on SCO?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important