routers

Mike Starke mstarke@mobl.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:24:17 -0700

I, for one, do not mind this type of topic as a discussion.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 11:16:08AM -0700, Don Harrop wrote:
 This is a little off topic but I find that this mailing list has people with
 a broad knowledge base..  Not just linux..  :-)  My boss wants to setup a
 router with a second T1 for redundancy.  We have one T1 backbone with two
 class C's.  The second T1 is just a backbone (no ip's assigned to us.)
 First of all if the backbone (with the ip's) went down is there any way
 traffic could still get to us on the other T1?  As far as I know I would
 have to call both T1 service providers to see if they could adjust
 fall-through routing or something..  I guess for outward packet I could set
 the router up for OSPF..  Any links or advice would be appreciated.  You can
 send responses to me directly so this topic doesn't have to stay on the list
 if no one wants to read about it..

 don@nis4u.com

 Don