Fry's all in one deals..

kallen3@icircus.net kallen3@icircus.net
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:25:59 -0700 (MST)

> Hello, I have one of those boxes and the modem is an HSP modem which is not
> linux compatible. It works great under windows though. I installed a
> different modem in and it works great under linux. I never could get the nic
> to work either so I installed a SMC modem that used realtek 8129 drivers.

I'm using the NIC under Slackware without any problems. I'm using the
de4x5 module which is the generic one for DECchip & DIGITAL etherworks
pci/eisa nics. I haven't tried the modem so I can't say anything about
that other than since it came with a linux distro it would seem to make
more sense to put a linux usuable modem in.