Fry's all in one deals..

James Kalafus jay@kalafus.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 07:27:54 -0700

> Has anyone installed Linux (or Windoze 98/NT/2000) on one of
> those Fry's all in one deals. Those are the case, motherboard,
> processor, NIC, modem, sound, video etc all you need to add
> is a HD and RAM deals?

I have installed Linux (RH and Mandrake) on 2 of these machines,
and overall things worked quite well.  The only problem I had was
getting the network card to work on one of them..... I eventually
gave up and spent the $15 on a new NIC.

On a side note.. most of those use a removable HD caddy which
did not work well on the machines I installed.  The connector isn't
well made, and seemed to loose contact.  I ended up removing
them and mounting the drive in the 3 1/2 slot.

Jay...