I'm not asking 'should I...'

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:38:54 -0700

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 10:39:01AM -0700, Lowell Hamilton wrote:
> I have seen several utilities that do this for DOS (cringe!) and
> actually load device drivers in that memory space... but I havn't

Oh... well if this was back in the ISA days on an XT or something,
the speed wouldn't have mattered, and it would have been easy to do,
because memory on an ISA card was just as fast as system memory and
in fact showed up right in the processor's address space.  But PCI
is not a passive bus like ISA; there is a bridge chip to connect the
bus to the processor, and they run at dissimilar clock speeds.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org