WEBSHOTS.com on Red Hat desktop??

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:06:54 -0700 (MST)

\_ I really like the photos on my Win98 desktop from the webshots.com site.
\_ Is it possible to view these on my linux desktop?

Depending, there *are* ways.  They are not pleasant, nor perhaps legal
depending on the images webshots is shooting.  (I'm thinking copyright
laws, in particular.)

If *I* had a custom screen in winblows that *I* owned and could only
paint to the windows-root, I would try the following:

a) VNC to the box and screen shot the vnc window with the icons in
different regions and paste images together to produce full original.

b) photoshop/image-dumper-of-choice screen shot with the icons in
different regions and paste images together to produce full original.

c) crack the format for educational purposes only and accidentally
post a patch for the gimp, xv, xli, ee, ee2, imageMagick, and whatever
else comes to mind.

Fortunately, all the images on the hard drive are in formats those
tools know about already.  :-)

google for linux + webshots and see if you get lucky.

David