Linux Rox

Guy Chouinard Jr guy_chouinard_jr@yahoo.com
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:10:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,

I hadn't used my Linux box for awhile and I went to the Glendale
library
and glancing through the 'Puter section I noticed they had RH 6.1.
Since I was using RH 5.2 I figured I'd upgrade, what the heck, it's
free.
So I installed 6.1, installed Helix-Gnome off the net and upgraded
Enlightenment from 0.14 to 0.16, re-compiled the kernel and set the MTU
to 1500. I'm running Linux on an AMD-K5 166 and let me tell ya, it
kicks major bootie over the W98 machine which is running on an AMD-K6
200. I'm really impressed. Any other suggestions how I can fine tune
this puppy ?

Laterz,

Guy