Secure Linux Distro

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:21:11 -0700

> I have been using Mandrake for quite some time.
>
> But since they have been pronounced the easiest
> distro to break into I would like to know what
> would be the hardest dirstro to break in.

I went and looked at the particular comment, and maybe I missed something,
but there was absolutly no details on HOW it was the easiest disto to break
into.
My guess would be that if you pick ALL the defaults, which are ment for most
people on a workstation, that...yes it would be easy to break into.
I personally pick high or paranoid security when I install a server and at
the end of the install, I would be very very very suprised to see if someone
could get into your machine, because its not running ANY services.

From my experiences.. if you want to get hacked.... run redhat(without going
through it with a fine tooth comb), and it will be rooted in a month or so.

Brian Cluff