I, idiotus....

rustyc rustyc@descomp.com.carruth.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 17 Jul 100 16:01:20 -0700 (MST)

> Apologies to fans of "I, Cladius".
>
> However, I am an idiot.  I have been trying to get the Linux Router Project
> download on a floppy.  I have tried several LRP-related sites, including the
> SO, I tried to download an LRP image to my main systems harddrive then write
> to a 1.44 floppy
> using rawrite (for Windows and in Dos).  Both times I couldn't' write to the

> My biggest frustration is when I need to create an image of a program or
> distribution (I tried imaging Debian and got nothing but a string of 1's and

It sounds like perhaps there is a relationship here - neither item you
downloaded worked as expected.  Perhaps something is wrong when you donwload?

Do you use ftp or netscape for the download agent?
You are writing to the floppy using rawrite - where did you get it from?
(Download or cd).  What error are you getting, exactly, from rawrite?

Could you use your linux box to download using netscape or ftp?

Just shooting in the dark...

rustyc@descomp.com