Magic Numbers

ryan.denke@home.com ryan.denke@home.com
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 12:25:27 -0800

Can anyone help me? I have two hard drives, hda and hdc. I screwed
with hdc and messed it up. The data seems to still be available,
but when I boot up I am told I have a "Bad magic number in super-block
while trying to open /dev/hdc." It suggests I run e2fsck with
an alternate superblock, such as "e2fsck -b 8193 <device>." The
partition type is definitely ext2.

Can I fix this without re-partitioning? If so, how?
I don't know how to try alternate superblocks - perhaps that's
all I need to do.

Any help is appreciated!

-----