df report

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 19:30:28 -0700

\_ Most likely the file is still open.  I am guessing that it is a log file
\_ of some type.  So you need to restart whatever program created the file.

Or the file could still be in memory.  Try 'sync' a few times to make
it flush everything out of memory.

Also, depending, you might want to slap the quota system around and
make the user unhappy...that'll get him in the Christmas Spirit more
than any song ever could.  :-)

\_ > After deleteing a very large file which grew out
\_ > of control in one of users home directories, the
\_ > command 'df' still shows that partition with the same
\_ > amount of disk usage. How can I reclaim that space?
\_ [...]
\_ > Tips please

See the jar on the server.  :-)

David