HPUX and Net::SSLeay

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:12:50 -0700

\_ Anyway it finishes the link and then I do a make install but when I run
\_ perl -e 'use Net::SSLeay' it can't find the SSLeay object..  What gives?
\_ :-/  Why didn't make install put it in a path that perl could find?  I'm a
\_ little ignorant on how perl's file structure... where extra modules are
\_ supposed to go and what file names it needs to find.  Teach me oh great
\_ ones..  just don't tell me to wax on/wax off or paint the fence.. :-)

figure out where it actually got installed...

find / -name SSLeay.pm -print

then

perl -e 'print join("\n", @INC)' ;

and see if the path looks similar.

if not [expected], at the start of your perl scripts, try:

use lib '/some/other/path/lib/perl';

or if that borks,

BEGIN
{
unshift (@INC, '/some/other/path/lib/perl');
}

If all that fails, go find a chicken, a knife, and email me for further
instructions.

David