New Internet Compuuter (NIC)

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:00:02 -0700 (MST)

Am 06. Dec, 2000 schwäzte Ron Fuhrer so:

> Has any one looked at the NIC internet appliance?   www.thinknic.com
> I am looking for someone to help make some modifications to the embedded OS.

Embedded OS? The people you want to talk to are at Monte Vista :). This is
presuming you're looking for a company to help. Deepak, who will soon be
giving a presentation for projects for the devel list, works there.

> The system boots and runs off a CD.  I have one if anyone wants to look at
> it.

It would be cool to have that in for the Jan meeting as that fits with
the topic we're planning ( but haven't yet announced :).

It runs Linux, which is majorly cool :).

Hmm, Larry Ellison is the founder. Now we know how they can afford to sell
these for such a low price.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation.  ;-) -- Kevin Buettner