Linux Router with LRP

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:45:15 -0700 (MST)

Am 30. Aug, 2000 schwäzte Craig White so:

> > I'm trying to setup a router for my PhoenixDSL modem.  I have a static IP,
> > here is my info:
> >
> > IP = 64.32.134.215
> > Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.224
> > Gateway = 64.32.134.193
> >
> > the network.sh file contains the following
> >
> > IF0=eth0
> > IPADDR0=64.32.134.215
> > BROADCAST0=
> > NETMASK0=255.255.255.224
> > NETWORK0=
> >
> > IF1=eth1
> > IPADDR1=192.168.10.1
> > BROADCAST1=192.168.10.255
> > NETMASK1=255.255.255.0
> > NETWORK1=192.168.10.0
> >
> > I'm not sure how to determine the broadcast and network #'s, I
> > must not have
> > it correct because I can't get any response at all.

> topic has nothing to do with linux - only has to do with TCP/IP

Sure it does. He's trying to setup networking on Linux. Also, it's still
disappointing that he needs the extra data. The above gave enough data to
figure out the answers you provided below, so why did he need to get
them? The config program should figure it out :).

> broadcast address s/b 63.32.134.223
> network address s/b 63.32.134.192

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  The only way for a woman to change a man