xwindows error

John Wheat wisdom04@home.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 01:35:53 -0700

I have tried numerous custom and expert installs of Mandrake 7.1 and always
end with a variant of the same "X" error. at the end of the boot sequence i
recieve the following error;
KDM: Error in loading shared libraries:lib X11.so.6:cannot open shared oject
file: no such file or directory
INIT: "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.
Xfont server failed on boot as well. typing startx or DrakConf produces the
above error as well.
I am running xfree86 3.3.6-14mdk. I have even tried expert installs and
installed every available package and still get the same "x" error. All
components and pci cards are detected and working without problem.
Help greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance