Retrieving email via pop-3

Rod Roark rod@sunsetsystems.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 22:27:40 -0700

It may be enlightening to try the connection manually.  Do this:

# telnet <mail server name> 110
# USER <your mail user ID>
# PASS <your password>

Incidentally I noticed that a POP3 connection to rickrosinski.com is
refused, but mail.rickrosinski.com is OK.

HTH,

-- Rod
Sunset Systems                           Preconfigured Linux Computers
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/                      and Custom Software