My crusade for web content filtering

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:40:21 -0700 (MST)

\_ If kids want to seek
\_ it out, it's not within my power to prevent it...  they _will_ find it.
\_ That's a parental guidance issue, not a technological one.

zackly.

\_ browser.  Any page that matched one of the keywords would have the entire
\_ contents between <html> and </html> replaced with a text message.  Simple,
\_ but probably very slow.  Not to mention, I have NO idea how to code this.

1) I sure hope the page has <html> tags if that's really the rule
   you're going to be using.
2) "breast cancer" banning got AOL in hot water.  Well, they banned on
   "breast".  Probably pissed off the chicken-food-makers too.  :-)

David