Netscape and Pluggins

The Wolf xanadu@speedchoice.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 01:17:08 -0700

I am running into a peculiar problem with my netscape.

If I running netscape as root I can see installed pluggins,
however any other user does not see them.
They are still there, but when a website checks
the existance of the pluggin before the page is
loaded it always indicates the pluggin is not there.

Also I can see abou:pluggins as root but not as
any other user.

I have tested the pluggins functionlity on the www.flash.com
and it runs fine after I click on the bottom of the page with:

If you know you have Flash Player installed click here.

I am assuming it is some type of premission problem, I just do not
know where.

The Wolf

--
"The questions is not if we are paranoid,
the question is if we are paranoid enough."