this ever happen to you?

Austin Godber godber@asu.edu
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 01:03:28 -0700

I seem to remember having a similar problem that I was too lazy to figure
out.  This is apparently a Redhat system (or redhat based I guess) since
you are using Xconfigurator, so was mine.  I think I was trying to do
something like change the windows manager (I usually do this by adding it
to the .xinitrc file).  So the problem lies somewhere within the scripts
related to startx or the windows manager its calling ... I guess I am
being pretty vague.
	What I really wanted to mention was that I often have better luck
using XF86Setup rather than Xconfigurator.  Although I doubt that will
solve your problem.  XF86Setup will be on the RedHat install disk if it
wasnt allready installed.