I give up (at least for tonight)

Thomas, Mark Mark.Thomas@hit.cendant.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:51:39 -0400

The 600MB file is for a BeOS filesystem.  Most of that space is empty, I
think--until you fill it with Be apps.
I made it past the size, but not past the meager hardware compatibility
list...

--
Mark "T.C." Thomas
DataWarehouse Programmer
Hotel Information Technology division
Cendant Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Odhner [mailto:vodhner@primenet.com]
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 4:43 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: I give up (at least for tonight)

Mark lasted longer with Linux than I did with BeOS!  I didn't have
to get to the learning curve to be discouraged -- I didn't get past
their web page.  They offer a "Personal Edition" to download for a
test drive, but when you get to the FAQ it mentions that you need
600MB on Drive C.  Guess what:  I've already encountered too many
stupid/arrogant apps that insist on installing to Drive C, and now
that volume's full.  Conclusion:  BeOS is not a serious contender.
(How's that for a snap judgement?)

Vic