KDE, it spites me thus

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 11:55:00 -0700

On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 02:29:07AM -0700, Digital Wokan wrote:
> That's a new one to me.  I can switch desktop managers without my
> resolution changing on me.  (Does the fact that I'm answering this at
> 2:30am mark me as lifeless?)
>
> Joel Dudley wrote:
> >
> > Have astrange question.  WHen I start Gnome I get a nice full screen hig
> > resultion image set to 800x600 like I had set up in my X config.  However, when
> > I start KDE I get a screen that is very tiny>  Is KDE messing with my refresh
> > rate or something, or is it a window manager thing??  Thanks in advance to
> > anyone who has a comment on this.

I noticed that Corel Linux lets you change resolution from a "desktop
properties" dialog, almost exactly like Windows.  So maybe that's a KDE
feature rather than something they added.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org