a Linux newsreader as good as Outlook Express?

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 09:04:47 -0700

(X)emacs.

It will let you tag all messages, download all the peices and
convert the  encoded text back to binary all at once.

It seems like on Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 08:47:56AM -0700, Mark R. Myers scribbled:
Orig Msg> I know I'm "inviting the flames," so to speak, but is there a newsgroup reader
Orig Msg> out there for Linux as good as Outlook Express?
Orig Msg> The reason I ask this is that sometimes I like to download mp3 files (mostly
Orig Msg> comedy). In OE, I can highlight all parts of the mp3, then once all parts are
Orig Msg> downloaded, just right-click and select "Combine and decode."
Orig Msg> In a matter of seconds OE is done and I can save the mp3 files as a "Save
Orig Msg> Attachment" option.
Orig Msg> I have seen no other news reader that will do this.
Orig Msg> Is there something comparable (or better) out there for Linux?
Orig Msg> Thanks!
Orig Msg> Mark

Jean Francois Sends...
President & CEO MagusNet, Inc.
MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
CTO EBIZ Enterprises, Inc.
TheLinuxStore.com, TheLinuxLab.com, LinuxWired.net
480-778-1120 - Office
602-770-JLF1 - Cellular