GnuPG intro

Phillip Knauss tsuruko@uswest.net
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 09:30:03 -0700

> For those who want to cheat and read ahead for next month here are some
> ssh links:

OOh,  ssh.  Now theres something I have some experience with.  One of the first
things I installed when I got this Linux box up and running was ssh because I
had used it in the past and liked it.  My friend insisted on my learning to use
it, and I did, and haven't gone back. :)

Anyway, to follow up on my questions last time:

#1(which was about a Perl script and ipchains): I figured out how to edit this
by taking the time to sit down and start learning Perl programming.  It was
sort of fun anyway... I like Perl.

#2(which was a question about using WINE): I reread the documentation for it,
and managed to get it working almost sufficiantly.  I've gotten the following
things to work so far:
AOL Instant Messanger (don't ask... and yes, I do have a Linux clone)
Program Manager (its worked the best so far, go figure)
Word 97 worked for a few minutes, then locked up
Age of Empires (Micorosft programs seem to love to work well under WINE)

All that, but I still haven't gotten the one program that I need to get working
to work.  It gives me two errors about improper font, or something like that,
and then doesn't do anything else.

and I will definately be able to make it to the next meeting... yay.

Phil