greets and a question...

Phillip Knauss tsuruko@uswest.net
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 20:41:42 -0700

Hi all,

First off, I'm Phil, and I'm new to the Linux community.  I got Mandrake 6.0 up
and running (mostly) nicely two weeks ago.  Linux is great, I
originally set it up as a dual-boot sytem, but I haven't found a reason to boot
windows since I got Linux working.

I was planning on coming to tomorrow's meeting, but I won't be able to make it
due to other plans (that I just found out about yesterday...).  But, I have two
questions:

1) A friend of mine installed (and set up) a Perl configuration script for
ipchains, but now I'd like to open up a few of the ports that where locked out.
I have the Perl script, but, not knowing Perl, I don't know where to start...
any suggestions? (short from learning perl...)

2) How do I get WINE working?  I've been playing with it quite a bit, but
haven't gotten it to do anything useful.  I have a small program that should
have no trouble running under WINE, but don't know how to get it to run it.
Please help...

anyway, thanks in advance for any help,
Phil -Linux Newbie