Getting DSL configured using Linux

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@uswest.net
Sat, 08 Apr 2000 22:53:25 -0700

I don't know much of this service (yet, we are getting it soon), but with USWest
as your ISP (correct me if wrong) you would have to create a script to get the
ip address from the router (which is part of the Vdsl box) and then update the
routers NAT entry for the ports you needed it to forward.  This would have to be
run by cron as USWest could have your ip address change every 8 hours if they
wanted to.

--
"Intel giveth and Microsoft Taketh Away" - Gordon Moore