Zip Drives

Jason Brown vafudar@earthlink.net
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 21:56:48 -0700

Yes you need parport support enabled.  If you want to use the modules, then you
need to add the following:

parport.o
parport_pc.o (for i386's)

The ppa (or imm.o if you have a newer zip drive) has to be loaded before lp.o
(if you are using a printer also) or the zip drive may not be found.

I added a second parallel port to my system.  I then compiled the parport and
parport._pc into the kernel.  lp.o and imm.o are modules.  During boot, I just
load imm.o and then lp.o in that order and everything works fine.

Jason Brown