Changes around PLUG.

jiva@devware.com jiva@devware.com
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 03:53:59 -0700

Just a couple of notes about changes that will be occuring at PLUG:

1) Due to non-interest, we're canceling the main meetings.  No more
2nd thursday meetings will be held.  If you want to keep having
meetings yourself, please organize them yourself.

2) Hans, Jiva, Ken, and Jim have decided to step down to avoid a
conflict of interest.  We are forming a new usergroup called "Phoenix
Area Windows Lovers" or "PAWL".  PAWL will be taking over the Boys and
Girls Club 2nd thursday meeting time from PLUG, so if you come to a
2nd thursday meeting, you'll be authorizing us to add you to the
membership roster of PAWL.

3) Any users coming to the new PAWL meetings will be required to show
proof of ownership of Windows before entering, and there will be a
membership fee to be determined at the first meeting.

4) All formerly Linux oriented "Installfests" will now become Windows
"Buyfests" wherein we'll all go as a group and purchase whatever the
latest version of Windows together.  Then we'll gather at the meeting
location and sing campfire songs while flagellating ourselves and
installing.

5) Microsoft has graciously offered the use of their facilities for
any new Linux meetings anyone may choose to have.  The only
requirement  for use of the room is a frontal lobotomy for all
attendees.

6) For those of you who are right now steaming and spitting blood...

APRIL FOOL!

FYI, This month's second thursday meeting will be on "ZOPE"  Usual spot. ;D

--
Speaking of purchasing a dog, never buy a watchdog that's on sale.
After all, everyone knows a bargain dog never bites!