[PLUG-Devel] May Hackfest - SQL Injection Saturday 11:00AM - 2:00PM

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed May 8 23:20:00 MST 2013

We will have yet another full hackfest lab covering SQL Injection after a
short plain presentation from David Demland (Adjunct Educator DeVry
University) - known for clear and succinct content presentations, good
humor and passion for security), Ruben (aka The MAN) and Scott Becerra
(Security Professionals at another well known University) followed with a
full exploit fest/lab.   As always we follow up the fun with example
solutions and tool use training.  Get the first flag and take HOME a Prize.
 Come and snag a Hackfest Tee Shirt, or competency and understanding of an
exploit.  Come join your favorite clowners at PLUG Hackfest this Saturday -
DeVry University 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

Other services available include DefCon Video loan (last 3 years of DefCon
commercial presentation videos are available), Community Outreach for
education (Demonstrations, Tag Team/Pentesting), Small Business forensics
from the Interns and Students with the assistance of one of our mentors on
a sliding fee scale (pro bono), or reduced rates and of course consultation
services and assistance from the extensive experience of our community
members.

Come learn the power of linux as security tool.  Come realize our mission
to drag professionals kicking and screaming from the Security Matrix.
 Watch,  as we break down the incorrect assumptions via demonstration,
 educate students on the use of linux based pentesting tools, assist
hobbyists to securely and safely negotiate insecure networks at college,
coffee shops and our neighborhoods, and finally learn from "frontline"
professionals on the Cyber War frontier.

Our FLAG (target) winners, upon individual release/permission, will be
published.  Past  presentations are available online, or via request to the
PLUG Security Mail  List servers.

Services available to the community from Phoenix Linux User Group Hackfest
senior mentoring security and DevOps professionals/intern teams include
Tiger Team, pentesting, PCI/HIPAA compliance reviews, Layer 7 forensics and
recommendations, without charge.  To date, since inception in 2009, PLUGs
Hackfest Security teams have provided services to more than 100 business
during and after high profile data breech, after confidential queries/
without c

While PLUG hosts security professionals (from various companies), DeVry
actively invites educators from other local schools and institutions.  The
full interaction lends Devry/PLUG  a true security  cross mentoring and
cross training atmosphere.

The DeVry DLUG provides resource hosting for any LUG that actually provides
services to or inter-association with DeVry students themselves.  An ESXi
(donated by Obnosis) server hosts custom built "targets" providing for test
venues comparable to average systems in the wild today,  and is available
with full access to available for teams via unlimited OpenVPN from
excellent hosting provided by OneNeck Hosting to DeVry University to
support student LUG and community education.  If you would like access to
build up a virtual server (ESXi 5.1) for others to own, either contact me
directly or join the Security email list at phxlinux.org.

Every Hackfest has room for news, new toy evaluation, new projects and
Video submission.  Devry provides lab desktop and seat  for each of perhaps
30 students easily, which we boot into Backtrack, providing LiveCD's for
users to become competent with the tools.  Regular hackfesters build their
own PWNPad's under Android, or install and customize Backtrack 5r3, which
is acceptable.  Bluetooth, WiFi, MITM, Layer 7 down applications are
regularly covered by SME.

Our focus on open association and informal full duplex communications allow
for all attendees to interact to develop skill and confidence with linux
during each Lab.  Interaction in a creative open source/open minds way
equates to the best of play!

Disclaimer:  The Hackfests are not the "security arms" of PLUG; every
single linux user,  PLUG member and every event within the Phoenix Linux
User Group provides for the highest in ethical OSI layer security, deepest
dive where required, and communications of test modalities, tools and
processes that, if used outside of a ab venue, could bring collateral legal
consequences.

Hackfest with PLUG!

Note:  DeVry University physical access is controlled.  Please go to the
office and exchange an Identification card for an access card. Alternately
if you don't wish to exchange a card, you can call me and I will send out
someone to accompany you to the Lab in room 234.

(503) 754-4452  AT&T Dell Streak

                                                   <lisakachold at obnosis.com>

(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice