[PLUG-Devel] PLUGdev April 5th presentation: Metaprogramming with Ruby

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Fri Mar 23 22:33:11 MST 2012

Hello All,

Mark your calendar for the first Thursday in April - Paul Mooring is
presenting  "Metaprogramming with Ruby".
PLUG Developers meeting is in room 245 from 7PM to 9PM at UAT in Tempe.
see our site for directions http://www.plug.phoenix.az.us/

Title: Metaprogramming with Ruby

flexibility and power, this flexibility makes Ruby ideal for
metaprogramming.  In this talk I will define what metaprogramming is,
give an overview of Ruby's Object model and what makes it uniquely
suited for metaprogramming, and give some examples of common
metaprogramming techniques in Ruby.

Bio: Paul Mooring is a systems engineer and customer advocate at
Opscode.  He has been involved in Linux systems administration, and
abusing Ruby for fun and profit for 5 years.

going forward we have interest from the group on these topics:
LDAP integration
MySQL set up
systemd
Scala
Puppet
Using a public Git repository - Github or Gitorious
(***add your interests here***)

If we can find a presenter for Puppet, I think a series of
presentations  on Chef, Puppet and CFengine this fall would be
interesting - so any Puppet masters out there?

See you Thursday - Ed