[PLUG-Devel] Talk at CloudCamp Phoenix?

Dave Nielsen dnielsen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 09:41:27 MST 2010

Hey Folks,

Anyone from the Phoenix area working on a Cloud Computing project? I'd like
to invite from PLUG to give a 5 minute Lightning Talk at CloudCamp Phoenix -
next Saturday Nov 6th - http://cloudcamp.org/phoenix. And of course you are
all invited too. The Apollo Group is providing the space (4025 S Riverpoint
Pkwy) and we're going to take full advantage of it. Prior to CloudCamp
(starts at 12:30pm), I will be leading an "Overview of Cloud Computing"
 (starts at 10:00am). So for those of you who want the inside scoop on Cloud
Computing, get there at 10 and you'll get all of your basic Cloud Computing
questions answered. Then stay for CloudCamp for more detailed discussions.

The Lighting Talks will start at 12:30pm. Following the Talks, we'll have a
Q&A *Unpanel* and then breakout into educational sessions based on topics
you choose.

Location:
Apollo Group
4025 S Riverpoint Pkwy
Phoenix, AZ 85040

Here's the agenda, please register at http://cloudcamp.org/phoenix. I hope
to see you there!

Schedule:
10:00 am Registration & Networking for pre-Camp
10:30 am Dave Nielsen's Intro to Cloud Computing talk - ‘The Economically
Unstoppable Cloud’
11:30 am Break for drinks/snacks
12:30 pm CloudCamp Registration & Networking
1:00 pm Welcome, Intros, and Thanks
1:15 pm Lightning Talks (5 minutes each)
- Apollo Group, HP, IBM & Tropo
1:45 pm Unpanel
2:00 pm Organize breakout sessions (Open Spaces)
2:15 pm Breakout Sessions - Round 1
- Setup your first App on EC2
- Security in the Cloud
3:00 pm Breakout Sessions - Round 2
3:45 pm Wrap-up Session
4:15 pm Move to Tempe’s Mill Ave for Networking

Organizers:
- Don Brancato, Apollo Group
- Dave Nielsen, co-founder CloudCamp

A special thank you to our supporters: