[PLUG-Devel] Looking for LINUX driver for Seagate Barracuda 6700.10

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Mar 23 18:21:03 MST 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 17:55 -0700, Jess Savory wrote:
> I have Redhat Linux 9.0 and trying to install it on a Seagate Barracuda hard
> drive 6700.10 (320 gigs), but there is no driver for the drive.
>
> Would someone tell me where to get it or a LINUX version that would have it?
----
This doesn't sound right...

Red Hat Linux 9 (there wasn't a 9.0 designation after the 8.0) is long
discontinued (like maybe 6 years) and probably would have been
equivalent to something like Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 2 which
also has reached end of life but you might find something that worked
for RHEL 2 that would work for RHL 9

But I'm also wondering if you are actually referring to Fedora 9 and not
RHL 9 as Fedora 9 is still current.

But specifically, I don't know of any hard drives that require drivers
but the controller itself might require drivers.

Also - FWIW, doing a google for the terms 'seagate barracuda 6700.10'
came up dry...are you sure you have the correct model number?

Craig