[PLUG-Devel] Connect wrapper in c (was OT: C programmers....)

Scott Harris harris_s at ociweb.com
Fri Jun 19 11:25:23 MST 2009

You could do that in several ways:

1) make the g_wiimote object global to the methods:

/* static makes the handle file scope so it will not be visible outside
of this file */
static g_wiimote handle;
connect(){ connect to wiimote }
main(){ call connect(), perform actions on that handle}

2) or even better pass in the address of the handle and use it:

connect(g_wiimote* handle) { connect to wiimote using *handle }
main() { g_wiimote handle; call connect(&handle); perform actions on handle}

// if you are actully using C++ instead of C then you could pass by
reference (instead of by pointer).

Regards,
  Scott