[PLUG-Devel] Perl Question: Sourcing variables?

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Thu Oct 25 11:54:50 MST 2007

In an effort to polish my virtually non-existent Perl skills, I'm attempting
to translate some bash scripts I have written into perl.

The several bash scripts scripts share several environment variables, which
are obtained by sourcing a separate bash script that sets the variables:
. config-file

In my searching this morning I haven't found a 'nice' way to do this in
perl, so I figure I'd ask the experts. :) What is the 'preferred' way (or
even a 'nice' way) of making common variables available to several different
perl scripts?

--
-Eric 'shubes'