[PLUG-Devel] Desert Code Camp! (fwd)

der.hans PLUG at LuftHans.com
Wed Mar 22 01:46:05 MST 2006

moin moin,

the message is a little SPAMmy and the code camp is mostly proprietary
software, but there are a few Free Software sessions.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  A t-shirt a day keeps the noose away. - der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 01:14:29 -0700
From: Anthony Neal Park <anthony at anpark.com>
To: webmaster at plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Desert Code Camp!

Dear Daniel,

As a community leader in the software development industry, you understand
how important developer events are to the community.

I have always been a strong proponent of interaction between the local user
group communities in the Phoenix area.  While many of the local groups have
technology and platform affiliations, we all have the common goal of
supporting and promoting the software development community.  It is for this
reason that I am pleased to announce the first ever Desert Code Camp to be
held Saturday, May 6th in Tempe, AZ.  I sincerely hope that you will take an
active role in supporting this event.

A CodeCamp
<http://www.bostondotnet.org/codecamp/default.aspx/CodeCamp/Code%20Camp%20Wi
ki.html>  is a community-driven, all-day event for developers.  Speakers are
local or regional developers, and topics are based on community interest.
Sessions are original and feature a heavy technical focus (no marketing
fluff).  And best of all, it is FREE!

As a community leader, there are a couple ways in which you can help make
this exciting event a success:

1.	Take an active role in planning and organization of the event

a.	Please let us know how we can make this event successful.

2.	Identify potential speakers and presentations

a.	As a local user group leader, you know individuals that have the
ability to provide a presentation in your field or technology.  You may even
want to present something yourself!

3.	Make sure your group is represented at this event.

a.	This event is a great opportunity to make your user group known and
benefit the community by making the technologies/platforms you represent
visible to the local developers.

4.	Promote the event to your group and affiliations

Let's work together to make this event successful and beneficial to the
entire community.  We will be following up with you in the next few days to
answer any questions you have and provide you with additional information
about the event.  Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any
questions before then.

Please visit http://www.desertcodecamp.com <http://www.desertcodecamp.com/>
for more information about this event.

Thanks,