[PLUG-Devel] AZ Ruby on Rails Group 1st Meeting

Derek Neighbors derek at gnue.org
Fri Jul 14 15:11:10 MST 2006

I think I sent this from work and my work address isn't on the list.  So
am resending.  If the administrators for the list release the queue and
it duplicates I apologize in advance. :)

=================

If you are interested in learning about Ruby on Rails or are currently
doing Ruby on Rails development this is a meeting you will want to
attend.  While we don't adore the idea of yet another meeting, there
certainly has been a fair amount for demand for Rails specific topics.
We will be having the first meeting this Wednesday July 19th at Molly
Brannigan's located at Val Vista and the US 60.  Free wireless
connectivity will be provided.  At this time there is no desire to setup
an additional mailing list the RefreshPhoenix, PhoenixRubyUsersGroup,
PLUG and AZIPA lists should already be sufficient.

The first part of the meeting will consist of introductions and feedback
on what individuals are looking for in a Rails User Community.  The
second part of the meeting will consist of a mini hack fest where groups
will break off and actually do some coding on various rails projects
(and hopefully even start some new ones).  This will be a great way to
see what agile development in Ruby on Rails looks like for those that
are curious.

What: AZ on Rails Meeting
When: Wednesday July 19th @ 7pm (Pre meeting mingling at 6:30pm)
Where: Molly Brannigan's