[PLUG-Devel] trying out ruby

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 14:19:41 MST 2006

--- Slide <slide.o.mix at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/24/06, Josh Coffman <josh_coffman at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > So I'm teaching myself Ruby as a side affect of
> > learning to use Watir (http://wtr.rubyforge.org/).
> >
> > On Watir, I've been looking for a good way to unit
> > test the web apps I create. Since I work on
> Windows,
> > watir works for me.
> >
> > Anyway, I like Ruby so far other than my
> preference to
> > use compiles languages. Anyone here use Ruby more
> than
> > just to dabble? What sort of things have you done
> with it?
> >

> You might like this site, its pretty cool
> http://tryruby.hobix.com .
> There are similar sites for python and perl I
> believe, but I don't
> have the links handy.
>
> slide

that's pretty cool. I'll have to try it more later.
I also got the ruby ide plugin for eclipse and started
debugging with breakpoints. That's the first time I've
stepped through code in debug other than in some
version of Visual Studio or some MS tool. I love it!

Tell it works the same way on linux and with other
languages, please. I'll be trying it out at home
tonight.

-j

-j