[PLUG-Devel] ANN: Devel Meeting: Thursday, February 2nd

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Thu Feb 2 08:52:36 MST 2006

The next PLUG Developer Meeting is February 2nd.  Today.

What: PLUG Developer Meeting
When: Thursday, Feb 2nd, 2006 at 7:00 PM
Where: Adtron Corporation
4415 E. Cotton Center Blvd., Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85040
(Directions are available in the web site FAQ
here:http://plug.phoenix.az.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=31)

Topic: "C++ vs Java vs Python vs Ruby : a first impression"
http://www.dmh2000.com/cjpr/index.shtml

This webpage came up in discussions on the list.  We will review and
discuss the concepts presented in this page.  I'll lead the discussion
(unless someone else wants to do it).  Joseph Sinclair has offered to
"champion" Java and/or C++.  It'd be nice to have a Python and a Ruby
"champion" too.

I have some books, Ubuntu CD sets and a Google computer travel kit to give
away.  No free food is planned but you are welcome to bring your own.

Also, my usual test box is currently out of commission.  If someone has a
notebook computer we can use for use as the presentation base, that would
be good.  Well, no, that would be needed!