[PLUG-Devel] Rails Bootcamp was --> Re: Local classes [Was: Re: O'reilly's learninglab worthwhile?]

der.hans PLUG at LuftHans.com
Wed Feb 1 01:07:20 MST 2006

Am 31. Jan, 2006 schwätzte Derek Neighbors so:

> Mark Jarvis wrote:
>>
>> Most of the community colleges offer an advanced *nix class, but it's hard
>> to get enrollees, so they're often offered only once a year. (PVCC offers
>> one spring semester only.)
>>
>> Computer class enrollment all over the district has been dropping the last
>> few semesters. This semester at PVCC, both basic Linux classes (CIS126DL)
>> and the advanced Linux class (CIS238) were dropped due to too few students
>> signing up for them.
> Our company is looking to sponsor an East Valley Rails/Ruby group in
> conjunction with the current North Scottsdale Ruby Users Group.  I have seen

How about sponsoring presenations for PLUG devel ( and if appropriate PLUG
east side ) meetings?

> a few rails posts to this list and threads like this on how to "learn" stuff.
> If we put on a Rails Bootcamp is there anyone here that would be interested?
> Are people willing to pay for instruction on this kind of thing?  Maybe it
> makes sense to add some "tracks" to our Installfests?

I think it would be nice to have tracks at the InstallFests, but first I'm
concerned about presentations for the other monthly meetings :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  When you are tired of choosing the lesser of two evils,
#  Vote Cthulhu for President!