Who's who?

Joseph Sinclair plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue Mar 29 18:51:02 2005

--------------090403000306060808020304

I'd say that this makes sense as an iteration-1 goal for the larger
EPP.  This would then be available for use after the first 3-4 weeks
from the point where we have people willing to code the software.  I
suspect that would be a reasonable timeframe, and the only significant
delay involved would be the current issue of trying to find people
willing to write the code, which is something you'd have to deal with
just to build the smaller option by itself.

Eric "Shubes" wrote:

> I've just read over last week's emails, and am quite impressed. I think
> that Trent has a good handle and approach on a methodology.
>
> None the less, I'd like to suggest a third, relatively trivial, possible
> project.
>
> As a subset of the Installfest project, I'd like to see a database of
> information about installfest volunteers, which would enable
> participants to find the appropriate people for answers to the myriad of
> questions that inevitably pop up. Kind of a "who's who" and "who knows
> what" application. This could be be applied to plug members in general
> too (and even installfest participants). Once in place, I think that
> each volunteer or plug member could maintain their own information via
> the web site.
>
> The database should provide two basic outputs. First is a
> searchable/sortable list of people, and second would be some sort of
> name tags. Personally, I'm terrible with names, and I think that they'd
> be a nice addition to installfests, and meetings too.
>
> Thoughts / ideas?

--------------090403000306060808020304

<head>
</head>
for the larger EPP.&nbsp; This would then be available for use after the
first 3-4 weeks from the point where we have people willing to code the
software.&nbsp; I suspect that would be a reasonable timeframe, and the only
significant delay involved would be the current issue of trying to find
people willing to write the code, which is something you'd have to deal
with just to build the smaller option by itself.</font><br>